Monday, December 3, 2007

One of Life's Hard Ones

Tonight is going to be a hard one for the Turner family and another very special family. Last Tuesday a student in the ministry lost his battle with mitochoniral disease. His name is Zach and he is one of the most amazing young men I will ever meet. He had an impact on Kyle and I the day we met him. It was his first day as a 7th grader (two years ago) in the junior high programming. Everyone was introducing themselves and Zach said, "I am Zachary Ryan Juhlmann, the one and only." So, from then on out we called him "The One and Only". He sure was! Tonight is the visitation and funeral...it will be Kyle's first. Please pray for the Juhlmann family because even though they know that Zach isn't in pain and he is hanging out with Jesus (and his little bro who passed away two years ago from the same thing) it is still unfathomable to lose a child. I can't even imagine.

As usual in these situations you learn something. I have been reminded that we are all God's children. My little boy does not belong to me...he is God's child. God has just given him to me to take care of. I have been reminded that even though he may be whiny, cranky, tired, teething, and pusing all of my buttons he is still here and God wants me to take care of him to the best of my ability. God has renewed me as a mother that he has given me this precious boy to take care of and he is here!

A huge thanks to Zach for making such an impact on so many lives and to his family remember that the ULTIMATE Father is taking good care of him now and you will be reunited someday.

To God, thank you for giving me this amazing gift of Drew to take care of and raise to know and love You. Please help me remember what an incredible responsiblity it is!

Kyle, I am very proud of you!

Although a hard day..."It's Just Another Day in Paradise"

Lots of love to you all!

P.S. Here is a link to Zach's family's website
http://www.caringbridge.org/wi/zachsam/

No comments: